- Sole Practitioner
Graduated Louisiana State Agricultural and Mechanical college with a bachelor of Arts degree in 1988. Graduated Paul M. Hebert Law School (LSU) with JD in 1991. Started the Law Office of John Green, Jr., in 1995 and have been in successful practice for 22 years. Married to Sara Green for 23 years, one child, Jack Green, attending Chairman, Board of Directors, beginning 2016.
Attended first formal training of professionalism presenters by Louisiana State Bar Association in 2003. Drafter “History of Professionalism”, presentation November, 2003. Speaker and presenter at numerous Continuing Legal Education seminars.
Awarded Jim Ortego Pro Bono award in 2012.
Appointed Secretary Louisiana State Boxing and Wrestle Commission 2005 by Katherine Blanco; 2008 Bobby Jindal in 2012, Jon Bel Edwards in 2016. Member Association of Boxing Commissioners, 2005 to present
Areas of Practice
- Family Law 60%
- Professional Ethics Representation 20%
- Personal Injury 15%
- Criminal Law 4%
- Contract 1%
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1992
- Louisiana, 1991
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1991
- Louisiana State University , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.A. - 1988
- History of Professionalism, Various, 2003 to Present
- Professionalism and Ethics, 2005 to 2006
Honors and Awards
- Jim Ortego Pro Bono Award through the Southwest Louisiana Bar Foundation
- Attendee of Fiest Professionalism Certification Class sponsored by the Louisiana State Bar association
- Honored Professional in National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals 2002 Edition
- Life member of the National Register of Who’s Who 1999 Edition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of Association of Boxing Commissioners, 2005 to Present
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member, 1997 to Present
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member, 1991 to Present
- Whistle Stop, supervised visitation center, Chairman, Board of Directors, 2003 to 2004
- Whistle Stop, supervised visitation center, Founding Member, Board of Directors, 2002
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Foundation Board of Directors, Mentor
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono work for the preparing divorces for indigents, 2000 to Present
- Southwest Louisiana State Bar Foundation
- Founding Member of Board of Directors for the Whistle Stop supervised visitation program
- Secretary, Louisiana State Boxing and Wrestling Commission, 2005 - Present
- Primary author of revisions to LSA-R.S. 4:61 et. seq., including revisions to LSA-R.S. 4: 61, 63, 64, 65, 66, 70, 72, 73, 75, 76, 79, 81, 82.2, 83 and 85. This legislation was successfully promulgated in 2007. This was the first time in more than 20 years the statutes had been completely revised.
- Primary author of request for an Attorney General's Opinion on behalf of the Commission. The Attorney General agreed with our position and issued. Attorney General Opinion Number 2005-0032. Prior to this, the last Attorney General opinion obtained relating to the LSBWC was No. 88-459 issued in 1988
- Primary author of: Chapter 7. Mixed Technique Events Rules, Rules 701-727, of the Title 46 Professional and Occupational Standards, Part IX. Boxing and Wrestling. in 2017. These rules were adopted by the LSBWC on January 10, 2008, and were promulgated in February of 2008.
- Primary author of 2010 revision to LSA-R.S. 4:67. Changes promulgated in 2010.
- Primary author of extensive revisions/reorganization of: Title 46 Professional and Occupational Standards, Part IX. Boxing and Wrestling, in early 2017. The redrafted rules were presented to the LSBWC and are in the process of being promulgated. According to the notes to the Rules and Regulations, they had not been completely revised or reorganized since 1996, and some of the rules dated back to 1967.